Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Project #3

"Make something out of paper, but don't use scissors or glue or draw on it. What now?"

This project proved to be a challenge for me. I couldn't think of anything I wanted to make out of paper that didn't require scissors, glue, or drawing. I picked up some origami paper at Hobby Lobby intending to make some origami birds to put out near Mrs. Joy's bird feeders, but gave up when I saw how stinking complicated bird origami is.

I looked at all the pretty colors of paper (100 sheets of assorted colors came in the pack I bought), and arranged them by color and viola, this idea popped into my head.



It's similar to a mail sorter, but is the perfect size for business cards, gift cards, or things of that nature. I ran this sucker through my sewing machine---- how's that for no glue? I then added some peel-and-stick magnetic strips to the back so it can hang on the fridge.

1 comment: