Thursday, July 5, 2012

Project 14

Project 14
Make something Micoscopic..How small can you work?  

Christine told me what she was doing so I did something very similar.  I used shrink plastic for the game pieces.  I had black and for the red I colored the shrink plastic then heated it to shrink it.  I used a 1/4 inch punch to cut out the pieces.  You can see the amount they shrunk!
I then proceeded to make the game board..I cut the paper strips into 1/4 inch strips then proceeded to weave.

 It took me three trys to get the weaving correct!  Really!
I finally gave up on the weaving!  I printed off a checkerboard pattern from Google and then laminated it.  I made a mini pizza box for the board and pieces.
 The bigger checkeboard is 2.25 inches  square and the smaller on is one inch! 

 Here is the bigger one with the shrinky dink games pieces.

Here is the tiny one, for this one I used seed beads for the the game pieces.. This one is really hard to play because it is so small.. I used a needle to move the pieces!

2 comments:

  1. Way cool! Love it.

    Also, to weave a checkerboard, you would have wanted all your up-and-down strips one color, and all your side-to-side strips one color, silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I figured that out on try #3......

    ReplyDelete