Wednesday, June 6, 2012

 Project 8
Transform an old book into something new by cutting, folding, gluing and so on....
I made some similar books at Halloween from an old book and this time made one into a purse.  I love how it came out!  Only I have to wait until Oct to use it!!!  I got the directions for the design from this blog


First I seperated the pages from the outside cover.  I used an old atlas at first but the cover was glossy and I had a hard time getting my spider to stick, even with hot glue.  I then picked out another book with a non glossy cover.
I glued the bookplate and spider down them made the web with my hot glue gun. Net I covered it with watered down glue and a thin napkin.
 I then let it dry, then painted with black acrylic paint.  When it dried I went over the spider with copper paing and the web with an champagne silver. 

To make the inside check out this link.  Instead of using the E600 glue I just used my hot glue gun.  http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-purseclutch-from-a-Book/?ALLSTEPS

 I covered the inside with black lining.  I really like how it came out!


These are the two I made at Halloween.




No comments:

Post a Comment